Saturday, April 23, 2016

I'm Just a Phone Call Away

Hospital Stay: Day 5 

He said –Today was a great day with my family. I wasn't feeling all that great, but I did my best to be present and active while they were here.

I've been battling nausea a lot this stay and it really seems to be taking it out of me. But, the lung pain is improving and I think I'm close to being able to take a deep, full breath. When I'm able to do that, I'm sure things will improve much quicker.

It was tough to see them go, but having them around is a good reminder for why I'm here.

She said – Today we got to see Ronnie! We planned on going down to see him tomorrow, but this morning Mckenna was missing Ronnie something fierce. There were tears. She insisted she couldn’t wait one more sleep until she saw him. I tried selling the idea that we were going to do something fun today and that it would make the day go fast. She asked me if I could go do that really fun thing by myself while she went to see daddy. It was then I knew that little girl just needed her daddy. So off we went to Tucson.

We had a nice visit. Poor Ronnie seemed like he wasn't 100% up for visitors, but he rallied for the sake of his Daddy’s Girl! We had lunch, went to the library, and played at the gift shop.

When we left it was brutal. Mckenna was the most upset I’ve seen her about leaving Ronnie. If she made eye contact with him she would just lose it. But we all got through the goodbye, and she slept off her sorrows on the drive home.


We got home just in time for dinner and bedtime routine. I put Bennett down and surprised Mckenna with a “girl’s night”…we watched a show and ate popcorn in my bed. It was a nice way to end the day!