Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunny Day

Hospital Stay: Day 6

He said - I finally got outside today and sat in the sun. It was nice, but you would have thought I ran a marathon when I got back. I still have a little ways to go in here ;)

Other than that, today was a lazy day culminating with a meatball sub made by my brother and mom - yummy. My cousin also brought up a peach/lemon Eeggee (slushy type of thing) and it was pretty glorious. I only get Eeggee's when I'm in the hospital, so it's always a nice little treat to look forward to. 

She said - Today was another pretty good day. Bennett is cutting his top two teeth, so he was up a lot last night. That meant I was a little sleepy today, which meant my fuse was a little shorter. But overall, Mckenna had a good day and Bennett was happy and took a great 3 hour nap…probably making up for his lack of sleep last night. I had a sitter come this morning, so I could get my long run in with my running buddy. We even stopped our run at the coffee shop next to our house to grab an iced coffee before walking home. It was so nice to have a morning of adult conversation. The intention was to go to church after that, but Bennett slept through church, and well, momma wasn’t waking that sleeping baby! But his long nap gave Mckenna and I some nice one-on-one play time that I think she really needed. After Bennett woke up, Keni went down for her nap, so I got one-on-one time with him too. Post naps, we ran a couple errands, and then went to hang out with our friends for a little bit before dinner and bedtime routine. 


Another good day in the books. Here’s to hoping Bennett sleeps tonight!!!